Ye Olde Insomniac
I admit it. I am old. Well, older than I was at any rate. ChiquitaBanana had a party tonight, and I was gleefully planning on arriving around 7:30 and leaving by 10...until on the phone with FlyGirl, when I realized I should check the party details. Much to my dismay, the party did not even start until 9. Upon learning this, I was truthfully disappointed.

Although I've been having trouble sleeping (and no, it is not because I am blogging in the wee hours of the morning. I'm blogging because I can't sleep!), I must admit I have long looked forward to being home by 9 or 10, getting into my pajamas and just relaxing. I am no longer the MadameSocialButterfly I used to be by any means, as Hombre and I were discussing at ChiquitaBanana's. Long gone are the days where if a party started at 9, we'd show up at 11 and possibly stay 'til the sun came up the next morning. Those were indeed glorious days, and perhaps we can relive them on rare occasion.

Mostly, though, I'd rather curl up on the couch with a good book or some reruns...possibly a good movie if one is on tv, because even deciding on a movie to put in the DVD player is too much effort at night. I think one of the things I am most looking forward to about marriage is having someone to share that downtime with...and maybe someone to make the decision about the movie, though my MonsterMan might not always get his pick.

And now...off to try to cure that insomnia with some sleep.

(All names have been changed to protect the innocent. I kind of figured you might have guessed that, but hey - I don't want to make assumptions. I am not really marrying a monster.)
  • About Me

    My photo
    Live out loud, shine brightly, leave no stone unturned, and we might just rock the world. I'm a 30-something convert to Catholicism, working in ministry, trying to live each day with a big "YES!" to God's invitations...